- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature, about 30-40 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Pat the steak down with a paper towel to remove all of the moisture
- Heat your stainless steel pan on medium-high heat and allow the pan to get hot
- While your pan is heating up, season both sides of your steak with salt and pepper
- Add a little bit cooking oil to the pan and then place the steak into the pan
- Add the butter into the pan. Once the butter is bubbling and melted add in the thyme, rosemary and garlic
- Using a spoon baste the steak with the butter continuously
- Once the seared side of the steak has a golden crust to it (about 2 minutes) flip the steak and continue to baste it with the butter
- After the other side of the steak is seared for another 2 - 3 minutes place the steak in the oven for about 5 minutes. Cook until the steak reaches 120 degrees F. for medium rare
- When the steak is cooked, place it onto a cutting board and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut the steak against the grain and serve
Check out some of the quality knives here to get the job done with ease.